Today, I woke up with a determination to start exercising. It has been many years since I've had a regular exercize schedule and few attempts to try. My body let me get away with it for a little while, but now I am paying the price. I've got bad habits or lack of a good one, and now it is catching up to me. Oh, if you could have seen me today! I am going to try and describe the events that took place during my 30 min. exercize session.
I didn't really have a plan. I just thought, I'm setting a timer and doing all the exercize moves I can think of. So, I come down stairs and turn on some music. I turn around and all three children are staring at me, shocked and a little embarresed at the sight of their mother in stretch pants and a tight shirt. Larry, said "what are you doing mommy?" I told him I was going to exercise and anyone was welcome to join me. I stretched while the kids were still getting over the shock of the sight of their mother doing something so foreign. Then I proceeded by doing all that basic exercises I know like, pushups, situps, jumping jacks, and I even did the running man. Libby tried a few moves then was distracted by my protruding chubby rolls showing through my tight fitted clothing. She started poking every blubbery substance she could find. Larry was having fun with the the weights. I think I only got to use them once and then he hid them somewhere. Adalyn was furious that I was doing something for myself and not for her. She was either screaming "No, mommmy!" or if I was on the ground, she was trying to cuddle up next to me or laying on top of me. I used that one to my advantage and bench pressed her. Hope tomorrow goes better.
I think all this has come on since my 30th birthday. I didn't think this one would bother me, but it has. I think I know what is missing from my life. It is a feeling of accomplishment. I used to be satisfied at the end of each night knowing that I did my chores for the day or finished errands, and cooked a good meal for my family and played with the kids. Those are good things, but it is not enough. I need to accomplish something for myself! I need to learn some skills and practice old ones. Last Sunday I accomplished something that I have been wanted to do for a long time. I finally made a good batch of cinnamon rolls. About 6 months ago, or longer, I decided I would learn how to make cinnamon rolls. I'm not a good baker, and it took several tries to get it right. They still lack that Tiffany Harker touch, but they were so light and moist and they even looked pretty! I had a wonderful feeling of accomplishment! It feels good! I want more! My next project is learning how to hem pants. I will be seeking the help of Brooke Black. If anyone wants to learn with me, let me know!
8 comments:
You are soo funny! I love how you posted about needing to exercise and making a batch of cinnamon rolls in the same post!
I totally can relate in the exercise department. Kristen tries to climb on me the whole time and Lauren tries to do it with me but ends up getting in my way. They also like to come up and slap my "wiggly" butt! SOOO FUN! haha If I were around I would love to teach you how to hem pants, I find sewing very fulfilling!
Exercise.. I know it! I need it to... and I turned 30 last Aug so I know the feeling.... 1 video I love is Jillian 20 day shred... short workouts that are very effective.. and it cost $8 at Walmart... with 3 levels on it... On how I love to make cinnamon rolls.. rarely eat them but love to make them... this is my recipe that I use...if you ever want to try a new one... (my 2nd blog) http://recipesthatihavetried.blogspot.com/2008/06/clone-of-cinnabon.html
LOL... this is precisely why I do not exercise during the day. I do 10minute solutions pilates, and I love it. I do it after the kids are in bed.
I have the best cinnamon roll recipe ever. OH, man, so good. Also I know how to hem pants. I didn't know Brook was a seamstress, too!
Your imagery of the kids' faces while watching you exercise was hilarious! My kids give me the same look ;)
Ahh, cinnamon rolls...yum! It doesn't matter what they look like, as long as they taste good!!!
what a great honest post! this sounds oh, so familiar--you are not alone.
Hey Kris!!! I finally found you guys again! (Thank you Katrinka!!) I'm glad to hear that everything is good for the Peterson's! I would love to catch up. Are you guys on Facebook? Here is my email: bhewes@csi.edu and my family blog is : hewes2family@blogspot.com I would love to chat!!
Hi Kristin! 30 was a rough one for me, too. I took the day off of work to mourn the passing of my youth. :-) I'm proud of you for trying to exercise. Good job!!!
You are hilarious! Good efforts? Still going? How about learning new skills or brushing up on the old ones? I'm curious to hear your current status!
Jamie B ;o)
Post a Comment